Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Book by Mark Haddon - Writing an informal essay about an atustic charcter in a novel

waldo01 6 / 19  
okay so i really have never done an assignemnt like this where im supposed to develop an interepretaion of three reasons. But here is my intro paragraph i feel its repetive and i dont kjnwo what to write about as my 3 interpretations

HELP IN EDITING MY CRITICAL ESSAY BY MARK HAADON

hi, im doing an informal essay for english about the character of chritopher boone in the novel the curious incident of the dog in the nightime. I wrote some paragraphs my imtro and my 2/3 paragraphs for my body and its also missing the conclusion. But if u could provide me with some feedback and help me interpret chritopher as a character in the story that would be great here is what i have so far btw please be harsh as possible: also if u notice i dont have good topic sentences or conluding sentence so if u sould plese help me out tht would be gr8

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time is a story about an autistic 15 year old teenager who suffers from a mild form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome. People who suffer from this type of autism have a difficult time relating and communicating with other people. This bestselling book by Mark Haddon opens our eyes to the many things that we fail to recognize in contemporary society. In my opinion, the main character, Christopher is the focal point that we have failed to see. His peculiar rules and restrictions has successfully proved that even ours can be peculiar as well. Although Christopher faces many challenges whether it's misinterpreting emotions, not being able to tell jokes, or being unable to comprehend metaphors but he makes us think deeper and allows us to see things from a different focal point that is clearer and more realistic. Due to the qualities that Christopher possesses like being observant he allows us to see things in a wider context and in a bigger picture.

Although Christopher cannot comprehend human emotions and finds people confusing but he is able to portray to us the truth about ourselves and the world. Through him we see the world in a whole different picture that is more realistic. We might believe that his world is limited because of his disorder and his inability to comprehend human emotions. But as we all know Christopher does not tell lies as he states on page 19 "I do not tell lies. Mother used to say that this was because I was a good person. But it is not because I am a good person. It is because I can't tell lies." When Christopher says his opinions about things obviously his perspective is non judgemental and is more truthful because he can't tell lies. As human beings I know that we are sometimes forced or want to believe and follow certain trends and patterns because we often want to fit in with the mainstream to avoid criticism of others. We are also fearful of facing the truth and sometimes don't want to accept it. Even Christopher states "sometimes people want to be stupid and they do not want to know the truth" In my opinion Christopher challenges the many human conceptions, our ideas, thoughts, and trends. Christopher is not just a character but he is also the mirror to our world. I say this because when Christopher describes the world in general his opinions are truthful than we could ever imagine but also they make complete sense. The help of Christopher has even challenged our own ideas, thoughts, restrictions, and rules of society which brings me to my next point.

Christopher has really depicted to us how we could look at life in a wider context. He has challenged many of our own rules, thoughts and ideas to prove to us how these things could be peculiar as well. Christopher doesn't like a lot of things; he doesn't like the colour brown or yellow; not eating food if different sorts of food are touching each other etc. but I think we can all agree that just because he is peculiar about certain things but aren't we also? We sometimes dislike certain things, foods, colors, objects and ideas as Christopher does and we often refer to them as pet peeves. For example, for me I really dislike when chicken touches anything on my plate and just like Christopher I will actually refuse to eat. Even though these types of peeves surpass our comfort zone. But As Christopher states on pg 85 " in life you have to make a lot of decisions and if you don't take decisions you would never do anything because you would spend all your time choosing... So it is good to have a reason why you hate some things and like others"
d2h4 3 / 13  
"...suffers from Asperger's Syndrome", explain this syndrome briefly.

In my opinion, the main character , Christopher is the lens and the focal point that we have failed to see.

Christopher with his peculiar rules and restrictions has successfully proved that even oursrules and restrictions that we restrict upon ourselves can be peculiar as well

Try writing about his special/ main quality that makes him stand out.
OP waldo01 6 / 19  
Thank you so much i will definetly use your helpful comment but i still need help of how to interpret the character for example i know he is ver y observant but i dont know how to like interpret him

Home / Book Reports / Book by Mark Haddon - Writing an informal essay about an atustic charcter in a novel