Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 6

CHILD CALLED IT - my summer book review

sarahadams 11 / 22  
DURING THE SUMMER WHAT BOOK DID YOU READ AND WHY, HOW DID IT AFFECT YOU?

"A Child called It" is a book that is known to be one of the worst documented cases of child abuse. Dave had to endure numerous types of abuse such as starvation, cruelty and torture for the majority of his childhood. This is an incredible story that encouraged me to become a strong person in times were it is very difficult to do so.

When reading this book, I was shocked by the different levels of cruelty that Dave faced. I was amazed on how this book had a major impact in my life. Now, after reading this book I noticed that I am a more understanding and kind person towards children. Knowing that Dave could have been freed from his mothers insanity if only people were more opened. When reading this book, it constantly shows us the different opportunity that Dave had to free himself if only he had the courage to talk to someone about this torturing life. I tried to study his mother's actions towards Dave and wondered how and why she gained such hate towards her son. He would try everyday to survive from his mother's torturous games, leaving him to find the strength to fend for himself. "A Child Called It" is an inspiration to all readers; it is a message of resilience, strength and spirit. We all have the courage and ability to leave our dark past behind us and search for a better tomorrow.
RHK 3 / 6  
Hi,

in my opinion, you can start stating why you read this particular book

Good luck!

EDIT: I also read that book some years ago: it's very impressive and instructive.
OP sarahadams 11 / 22  
i tried but i cant come up with anything... this seemed to be the best way i could do it... can you help with it
sexililkadie 2 / 4  
You could state why you chose to read the book such as:

- Personal experience

- Knowledge of someone in a situation similar to little David's

- Book image

- The title

How did the book help you:

Did you become more aware of something about yourself
Did you want to help kids like him
....yadda yadda yadda
LOL JUST WRITE! iT COMES OUT WHEN YOU SIT DOWN AND RELAX. ITS EASY I PROMISE
pooroldmama 1 / 2  
But I don't think you answered very fully the "how did it affect you?"...
Auralie 2 / 5  
Remember you are writing a college essay, not a book report. Like the others said, bring the focus back to you. Wherever you are applying could care less about what book you read, the bottom line is they want to know more about you.

Home / Book Reports / CHILD CALLED IT - my summer book review