Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Comparative essay on Hamlet / Various other Books

MotivatedJuju 1 / -  
Hello,

I have a comparative essay on Wednesday. This test will basically be presented in form of a list of like 5 or 6 different essay questions and I will need to choose one of them. I will need to answer this question in a comparative essay between Hamlet and one of the following books: The Great Gatsby, The Metamorphosis, Streetcar Named Desire, Heart of Darkness or Death of a salesman.

My question is: What kind of questions may be asked in this type of test?
I was thinking of something that had to do with the principal characters in each story, like: What similarities and differences can you make between Hamlet and another character of one of the books you have studied? (but maybe that's too vague.)

Another idea might be : Compare how Hamlet is led to his downfall to another's character's downfall in one of the books you have studied? (I think that could be one.)

Or even a common theme between two books like: Hamlet / Heart of Darkness. Both have a sort of corrupted system. The corruption in The congo, the "whites" are not ashamed of what they are doing to the "natives". And the corruption system in Danemark where the court are all followers to get favors from the king. (Had a hard time to explain hope you understood what I meant^^)

Anyways I am a bit lost as you can see. I read all the books of course but I am not sure what to expect for the comparative essay so I am asking you. Can you please guide me?
Anosha29 2 / 3  
You have found the difference between the stories, that's good. Try to hold onto to those difference. I can't tell you for certain, what'll come on you test. Another thing you could do is brainstorm the essay's major points. And try to remember them, therefore whatever you get on you test you'll be able to answer it.

Home / Book Reports / Comparative essay on Hamlet / Various other Books