Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

The Conditions of the Concentration Camps; Setting - Elie Wiesel's Night help

brandino 1 / -  
I just finished reading Night by Elie Wiesel. We were told to write a four-paragraph critical analysis on a literary term and prompt pertaining to the book. My prompt is: The Conditions of the Concentration Camps.. my literacy term is: Setting. These go hand in hand to make it a little easier on me. Anyway, I have the introduction, and the first and second body paragraphs finished. All I need to write now is the conclusion. Can anyone help me with this as I am not to strong when writing a conclusion.. I tend to just run-on and not get a point across. (Not asking to write it for me, just looking for pointers so I don't royally screw myself over on this end-term grade.)

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have to use a specific sentence pattern somewhere in the paragraph.
The pattern: Compound Sentence with Explanatory Statement.
Example: Darwin's Origin of Species forcibly states a harsh truth: only the fittest survive.
I have to use that sentence pattern somewhere in there so any help with that would be great :).
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Remember that the conclusion is a short summary of the points made in the paper. Since each paragraph should make its own point that supports your main topic, your conclusion can often consist of one sentence for each paragraph, summarizing the point of that paragraph. The last sentence or two should leave the reader with something to think about after reading the essay.

Not having read Wiesel's book, I can't give you an appropriate compound sentence, but just by way of example: "One thing never changes: man's inhumanity to man." That's a bit cliched, but you can see the pattern used there, and in your own Darwin example.

If you'd like to post your conclusion once it's written, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Book Reports / The Conditions of the Concentration Camps; Setting - Elie Wiesel's Night help