Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Columbia supp/ Meaningful book

Sabahat 3 / 7 2  
Columbia supp: Please tell us what you found meaningful about one of the above mentioned books, publications or cultural events.

What do you guys think? Appropriate answer? did I stray off topic or missed something?

As I read through The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, I saw life from a different perspective, from the perspective of Christopher Boone, a fifteen year old boy who suffers from mild autism and is also the narrator. I started admiring Christopher for his honesty, determination, and ability to set 'impossible' goals for himself. He wanted to pass A-levels despite his illness, solve the mystery of the death of his neighbor's dog, find his mother, write a book and attend a university. Christopher acknowledges that he is different from other people; he also acknowledges that he is at a disadvantage in certain areas but is nevertheless determined to face his biggest fears to achieve his goals. Christopher doesn't lie because he can't empathize due to his illness but his story demonstrates that being truthful makes life less complicated. The situation might get heated and you might have to suffer a little bit but in the end honesty is always better than dishonesty. Christopher's story shows us that dreams do come true if you follow them up with determination. Christopher overcame his biggest fears and achieved all his goals. Usually we look up to famous people and successful people as the people to emulate and take as role models but for me Christopher is a role model for me and all human beings. If every human being is brave enough to be as honest and determined as Christopher was then, in my opinion, half of the problems the world faces today will be over.
Idealprism 2 / 2  
(perhaps you could say "the fifteen year old narrator who suffers from mild autism.") I started admiring Christopher for his honesty, determination, and ability to set 'impossible' goals for himself. He wanted to pass A-levels (A-levels? I'm not familiar with the book, so is this a phrase used in the book?) despite his illness, solve the mystery of the death of his neighbor's dog, find his mother, write a book and attend a university. Christopher acknowledges that he is different from other people; he also acknowledges that he is at a disadvantage in certain areas but is nevertheless determined to face his biggest fears to achieve his goals. Christopher doesn't lie because he can't empathize due to his illness but(shouldn't it be "so" so something along those lines?) his story demonstrates that being truthful makes life less complicated.

I would suggest varying your sentence structure to avoid starting so many sentences with "Christopher."
You should also try to keep a consistant tense throughout the essay.

I wish you the best of luck! I hope everything goes well with Colombia :D

Home / Book Reports / The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Columbia supp/ Meaningful book