Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Daisy (the great gatsby) vs Gertrude (hamlet) "frailty, thy name is woman"

logo 1 / -  
I'm currently writing an essay comparing and contrasting Daisy and Gertrude. Basically, I'm saying that Daisy is more frail than Gertrude because: 1. Daisy never stands up for herself. Gertrude does. 2. Daisy doesnt stand up for others. Gertrude does.

Also given the circumstances of the time era that Daisy was in, she should be less frail because women rights were actually on the rise

I'm just wondering if anyone can give me other examples about how Daisy is frail, and Gertrude is not.

Thanks
name_here - / 37  
I'm not entirely certain if this is true, but according to my teacher, some scholars have argued that Gertrude is involved in the murder of King Hamlet. Also, Daisy simply lets Gatsby die/ sacrifice himself for her.
Hi there,

I want to invite you to consider how someone might be frail or resilient, regardless of the circumstances. You are talking about them as frail or strong depending on their context, but I think you can get a lot of good writing done if you look at them... each in the other's context, for example. Mix and match, and you will whip up a very meaningful theme.

Home / Book Reports / Daisy (the great gatsby) vs Gertrude (hamlet) "frailty, thy name is woman"