Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 5

Essays on either Pride & Prejudice or Much Ado about Nothing

dora81 3 / 8  
Hi,

I'm a taking an english university course and I have to write an essay on either Jane Austen's novel Pride & Prejudice or Shakespeare's Much Ado about Nothing.

The topic for P&P concerns Elizabeth's statement that she started to fall inlove with Darcy after visiting Pemberley. How true is this statement? Bascially we would be looking at the chapter that dealt with the visit to Pemberely (ch. 43)

The other topic is eavesdropping in Much Ado...

I'm really stumped because I started writing on one then found I didn't generate good points and left it, then started to write on the other topic and I'm really getting no where.

Please if anyone has a good understanding of both, could you share some ideas with me to get me started on my essay?

Thanks a bunch!
I'm really stumped because I started writing on one then found I didn't generate good points and left it,

Hey, this is a problem. I'm diagnosing your problem, ha ha. You can't just start writing and hope to generate good points. You need to know what you are going to say before you say it.

So... if you knew these stories as well as something in real life, you would have an opinion about it. So, I think you should google like this: Much ado about nothing eavesdropping analysis

...and you will see all kinds of great discussions. Then, you can open the book back up and deeply understand it. When you have a lot to say about why Shakespeare included eavesdropping in the places where he included it... write a sentence about it!

Let that be a topic sentence that starts a paragraph. Follow it up with an example. Discuss it some more and conclude the paragraph by reflecting on that main idea from the topic sentence. One paragraph = one idea.

Soon, you'll be on a roll...
OP dora81 3 / 8  
Thx for the advice! I did an outline, 1 idea = 1 paragraph with quotations and it went very well :) My essay is done, and was wondering if it was possible to get your feedback on it. How would I send it to you? By private message?

Thanks again for all your help!
Well, for me to work on it, you have to post it here so that other people can learn from it. If you create an EssayForum membership using your full name, you can post the essay here and your name will appear next to it. But make sure you read the TOS. I understand why you hesitate to post your essay online; you are smart to be careful. Thanks for participating here, to whatever extent you are comfortable! :-)
OP dora81 3 / 8  
Thank you Kevin. I really, really appreciate all your help! Will definitely get more insight from you in the fall when I take the other essay english courses.

Take good care :)

Home / Book Reports / Essays on either Pride & Prejudice or Much Ado about Nothing