Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Gilgamesh epic and Noah's Flood

BBgirl 12 / 3  
Gilgamesh epic and Noah's Flood

Religions are explained their history, and origin by their gods and believers. Indeed, we cannot say who is god, where he from is, and what were the true story. There are some similarly story in different religion and country- Noah's flood by genesis, and epic of Gilgamesh by Sumerian history.

These two stories are both about flood that send from gods to destroy all mankind for man's sin and wickedness , but few amount of mankind could survive to follow hero's advice that used a big boat which made pitch.

Each story has different heroes, and little bit different description such as shape of boat, height of boat, name of hero and duration of flood etc ...

Why the meanings of story are familiar? May be upon the time there was real flood on the earth and, people talked about it-to used different version and different situation, thus the real history of flood was changed.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I've done some editing for you to help out:

Gilgamesh epic and Noah's Flood

Religions are explained by their history, and the origin of their gods by their believers. Indeed, we cannot say who is god, where he is from, and what was the true story. There are some similar stories in different religions and countries- Noah's flood in Genesis, and the epic of Gilgamesh in Sumerian history.

These two stories are both about floods that are sent from gods to destroy all mankind for man's sin and wickedness , but a few could survive to follow the hero's advice. [I'm not sure what you meant by "that used a big boat which made pitch." It does not really make sense.]

Each story has different heroes, and little bit different description such as the shape of the boat, height of the boat, name of the hero and duration of the flood.

Why are the meanings of the story familiar? It may be that once upon a time there was a real flood on the earth and people talked about it and remembered it, and over time different versions evolved, thus the real history of the flood was changed.

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Book Reports / Gilgamesh epic and Noah's Flood