Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

What is Great Gatsby really about ?

Arvi 2 / 5  
I need help to correct and some error....and make it look like an appropriate paragrapgh...

Great Gatsby is written by F. Scott Fitzgerald is about money, precious moments of character's life which could be past as well as trouble in character's life. The major theme in the novel is betrayal and American dream. Nick is narrative of the novel. However, Nick and protagonist Jay Gatsby are very good friends. Nick cares about Jay Gatsby. He finds Jay the most worthy person and likes him. Most likely, the story appeals Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful women Daisy who used to be his girlfriend when he was in army.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
"Great Gatsby is written by F. Scott Fitzgerald is about money, precious moments of character's life which could be past as well as trouble in character's life.This is a run-on sentence. The major theme(This should be plural because you name two subjects here.) in the novel is betrayal and the American dream. Nick is the narrator of the novel. However, Nick and protagonist Jay Gatsby are very good friends. Nick cares about Jay Gatsby. He finds Jay the most worthy person and likes him. Why? Most likely, the story appealsThis doesn't fit; what do you mean here? Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful women(Daisy is singular; one woman.) Daisy who used to be his girlfriend when he was in army."

I hope this helps.
bruno_1996 - / 1  
The Great Gatsby - Tom Buchanan's Control over other characters

i have a gr11 Uni essay due tomorrow, and i need to find more examples of how tom tries to control other characters, like nick,gatsby, daisy, and Jordan.

And some help with a thesis statement would be much aprecciated
SLEE30 2 / 3  
Tom uses the new car to control Mr.Wilson
He beats Mrytle at the hotel.
He blames the killing of Myrtle on Gatsby, so Daisy and himself can be free from persecution.
His physique is also just intimidating.
He controls Daisy to stay away from Gatsby.
Those all the ones I can think of right now.

Home / Book Reports / What is Great Gatsby really about ?