Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Need help on body points - "To Kill a Mockingbird"

jerryberry 2 / 3  
The task:
Provide a review of the novel, To Kill a Mockingbird and evaluate its worth in terms of continued study. You will need to persuade an audience of school P&C members to continue to keep this book in the curriculum.

So I am speaking as myself (a year 12 student who has currently read the book) to an audience of parents and committee to convince them this book has good morals and lessons which should be continued to be studied at my high school.

As a father myself, I wanted to add my views of being a student and parent to my oral presentation. To give an, 'inside view' of a student that's studying the book and a parent trying to raise a child. Also, how Atticus Finch has been a somewhat role model to me, by the way he teaches Jem and Scout by being cool, calm and collective. I already spoke to my teacher about this and she said it was fine to do so.

I was pretty much unsure about the body paragraphs what to include,
So far my structure is as follows:
P1- Introduction
P2- The importance of moral education - Atticus's Philosophy
P3- The existence of social inequality
P4- How this book subtly teaches lessons in life which are not taught in any other subject at school i.e justice and courage

P5-(Not sure if i need another body point)
P6- conclusion

Im not sure if I'm on the right track, or good body points...
If you can help, yo awesome!
Hello! This looks like a terrific assignment, and I agree that it is a very important book to keep in circulation. Your structural layout looks great, and I think you definitely have enough body points. In regards to your particular appreciation of it's morals and values as a parent, I think this is a great root to intertwine all of your structure together. Emphasizing the notion that you, as a student AND a teacher (as you are to your child(ren) can draw off the life-lessons is a wonderful perspective since it is a matter of whether or not schools should keep it the loop. It's brilliant and I am eager to know how your finished assignment will be, because it looks like it's on-point so far and I love your angle.

Only positive feedback here this time! :) Good job so far and have fun.

Home / Book Reports / Need help on body points - "To Kill a Mockingbird"