Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

To Kill A Mockingbird Essay- Regarding Self Respect and Injustice

nicoco 1 / -  
I need to write an essay on To Kill A Mockingbird for my grade 10 AP English class. The topic is the role self-respect plays when an individual responds to injustice.

I was thinking of writing it on the situation with Tom Robinsons trial, mainly focusing on three characters- Atticus, Mayella and Tom Robinson.
I am having quite a bit of difficulty coming up with a thesis statement. I am trying to write a one sentence thesis, that is clear, concise, and to the point. I am also trying to develop 3 strong paragraphs, but I am struggling to find enough analysis to develop these paragraphs with.

Please help me, it would be much appreciated!!!
pianosaremusic 1 / 2  
I'm not here to write your essay for you- why don't you post your own essay (yes, write it) and then I or someone else could help edit it. Unless someone else is willing to write all that for you: do your own homework and post it here for revisions.
Hi Piano, sometimes we get kids who sneakily try to get others to do the work for them, but this does not seem to be one of those kids. This discussion he gave it pretty thoughtful.

Sometimes they just need help getting started. :-)

struggling to find enough analysis to develop these paragraphs

Well... can you find three passages that demonstrate self-respect or lack of self-respect? First find the examples you need. Then, do one paragraph for each, just as you planned. You can do it like this for each body para:

Topic sentence: tells the main idea of the paragraph

- A sentence with some explanation/elaboration on your observation about the scene you are writing about.
- A sentence with an example to show what you mean... or maybe a quotation.
- A conclusion or transition sentence to complete what you are trying to say.

You'll have 3 ideas (i.e. 3 paragraphs), and they'll all add up to the main idea of the essay.

Maybe that stuff seems obvious, but it might help. Go one step at a time.

Home / Book Reports / To Kill A Mockingbird Essay- Regarding Self Respect and Injustice