Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

King Lear comparative essay: Cordelia and Lear vs. Edgar and Gloucester

elove11 1 / -  
I am in grade 11 and I have to do a comparative essay about King Lear. I must discuss the relationship between Cordelia and Lear, and compare it to the relationship between Edgar and Gloucester. This is the first time I am writing a comparative essay and I wanted to know if I am on the right track.

Αt the heаrt of King Leаr lies the clear-cut filial theme. The relationship between Cordelia and Lear, and the relationship between Edgar and Gloucester, have both fathers feeling betrayed by their children, which is untrue, as they have only received support from their "perfidious" children. In the main plot, Lear betrays his youngest daughter in act 1 scene 1 and Lear is also betrayed by his two oldest daughters throughout the play. In an almost identical fashion, the parallel plot reveals another father, Gloucester, who betrays his older legitimate son and who is betrayed by his younger illegitimate son. The relationship between Cordelia and Lear, and the relationship between Edgar and Gloucester have many similarities which we can see throughout the play
bwosti 5 / 11 1  
Definitely you are on the right way but I think you should focus more on complex sentences using linking structure.

Home / Book Reports / King Lear comparative essay: Cordelia and Lear vs. Edgar and Gloucester