Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Modernism Essay questions based on 3 novels. Need help on what to write.

CUPCAKE84 2 / 1  
Hello,
I have 3 possible essay questions for my modernism class. I was just wondering if any of you had some good ideas. I am totally lost on what to write. The essays are based on 3 novels: Howard's End By E.M Forster, Swann's Way by Marcel Proust & Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. They are as follows:

Essay
Two of the following three essays will be chosen. Spelling, structure, evidence & logic contribute to the grade. Your essay should be at least 5 paragraphs in length & defend a thesis w/ sufficient details.

1. Time is a major theme of the modernist movement. Giving sufficient ex. & details, discuss the theme of time in the work of Virginia & Proust.

2. The theme of weak or problematic communication is important in modernist works. Giving the sufficient ex. & details, discuss the theme of problematic communication in the work of Woolf,Proust or Forster.

3. Select two characters from two of the novels and compare & contrast the defree to which they are flat or round.

Any feedback will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!
Okay, use these 3 questions to organize the info you are about to find:

Google the title of each book with the word "analysis."
Google the title of each book with the word "theme."

you'll probably find a Sparknotes entry; those are great.

When you find good articles about each story, start collecting facts about them.
Every time you find a fact, type it under one of these questions.

You can even google this: Mrs Dalloway, Virginia Woolf, time

Also... I think that word is supposed to be DEGREE.

:-) Let's see what you come up with! These are great pieces of literature.

Home / Book Reports / Modernism Essay questions based on 3 novels. Need help on what to write.