Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Oedipus Essay- English Class (symbols of blindness and sight examples)

ajorett 1 / -  
My task is to write an essay on Oedipus the King. My question to be answered is.. give some examples of how the symbols of blindness and sight are connected with the themes of ignorance and knowledge in this play. How do you think the solution to the riddle illustrates Oedipus knowledge and ignorance?

Right now I really would like to start off with an outline and i am having a hard time with a thesis statement. If anyone could help me that would be great thanks!
Google this: oedipus symbols blindness sight ignorance knowledge

also: oedipus analysis blindness sight ignorance knowledge

If you do that, you will get to see what a lot of other scholars have observed about the symbolism. You will find descriptions of the symbolic meanings, and it will give you great ideas. You can also pause and imagine that the symbols represent something in your own life, and by reflecting on what they might symbolize in your life you can deeply understand the meaning in your own unique way.

If you read what people have written about blindness, ignorance, knowledge, and so forth in this play, I know you will be able to explain it in an essay!

Let's see a paragraph or two...

:-)

Home / Book Reports / Oedipus Essay- English Class (symbols of blindness and sight examples)