Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Oswalt Patton's Article on Otaku "Time to die" - Thesis Statement help

geomvic 1 / -  
Working on a thesis statement for a paper on Oswalt Patton's Article on Otaku "Time to die"

This is what I came up with and would like some feedback

The concept of Otaku has indeed affected our lives and creativity by allowing virtually anybody to quickly become an expert in any particular subject, to dive immediately into anyone of your past diversions for an infinite amount of time, and to recapture and recut any of your favorite stories into something new.
hgrierson 8 / 11  
It is a good concept, however the sentence is long and would be more effective if it were split into two. Also, it goes between referring to things as "ours" "anybody" and "yours". Stick to one, or it gets confusing.

Maybe try..

The concept of Otaku has affected our lives and our creativity by allowing people to quickly become experts in any one particular subject. It allows anybody to dive immediately into any one of their past diversions for an infinite amount of time, and to recapture and recut any of their favorite stories into something new.
chalumeau /  
wired.com/magazine/2010/12/ff_angrynerd_geekculture/all/1

1) The title of the article: "Wake Up, Geek Culture. Time to Die."

2) You can't use this guy's (I guess Patton is a guy's name but who knows anymore?) ideas for your thesis statement. You can't even use this guy's piece to support your thesis. His essay is more of an opinion piece.

Back to the drawing board for you.
What is your assignment or interest?
I went back to college after working for several years and discovered that writing a term paper is harder today than it was 15 years ago. Why? We have access to everything that anyone has ever said today, whereas 15-20 years ago we had access to the limited contents of our local library.

Good luck. Please post again.

Home / Book Reports / Oswalt Patton's Article on Otaku "Time to die" - Thesis Statement help