Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

The Pearl by John Steinbeck- charact description, and most important passage

tash66 1 / -  
Well, for school I have to do this book evaluation for The Pearl. This evaluation includes a character description for 3 or 4 characters. I said the following:

Kino: unwavering, paranoid, cautious, responsible, and masculine.
Juana: Reflective, passive, deferential, practical, and submissive
The Doctor: Avaricious, materialistic, upper-class, and a healer
Do you agree with these traits? Also, I had to write one sentence descriptions for each without reusing any adjectives- any ideas?
Also, I have to choose the most important passage in the story. Well, I wanted to say page 6, being that is when Coyotito was stung by the scorpion which lead to Kino to find the pearl. But ithe directions say to integrate quotes from that passage and there is nothing significant to bring in. Though, that I could explain its importnace. Keeping the whole quote thing in mind, I was thinking to pick a page wherethey describe the evils of the pearl or the finding of the pearl.

Anywho, thank-you
mywill 4 / 10  
First of all, when you choose a character on a story and then express your feeling about him or her, you should choose the main character. It is the one that appears most in a chapter or controls most of the events in your stories.

Furthermore, the evil or the good are no matter, All depend on your skills of expression. You should focus on one side and leave another part to tell.

nice to meet you.

Home / Book Reports / The Pearl by John Steinbeck- charact description, and most important passage