Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 8

The Pearl John Steinbeck (theme / thesis statement: what you want is not what you need)

Jamila 1 / 1  
I must write an essay on my opinion on the theme of The Pearl, but I don't quite know what I should put as a a strong idea or reasoning for my theme.

My theme is: What you always want can turn out too be something you never truly needed.
Well, was this theme assigned to you, or is it something you came up with?
If you thought of it based on the story, you must have a reason. What is it?

I am having trouble remembering what the story was about, but I assume you are reading it... what was it that the character wanted but did not need?

Also, be judgmental! Criticize! Or... challenge the message of the theme.

:-)
AbbyXD - / 1  
[Moved from]: Thesis Statement for "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck

I have to write an essay for the book "The Pearl" . The essay is supposed to be about greed and how it showed in three different ways. I'm just not suere how to write a thesis for it.
kensmith199 2 / 2  
The best way to come up with a thesis statement is try and relate it to real life events and instances. Since the essay is about greed, describe what greed is to you and show a current instance of greed and then use that to set-up your thesis statement.
Liv123 - / 1  
THE PEARL BY JOHN STEINBECK.. debate essay on the doctor's side

Ok, I need to do a debate essay and I am on the doctor's side I have to convince people that he should get paid even if the baby died at the end. My reason is that Kino asked the doctor for help so he should get paid. However I NEED 3 SUPPORTING DETAILS ON THIS. Its due tomorrow help?!!!
leoking 7 / 24 1  
in order to become a doctor, people must have spend extra time and effort for studying. no matter baby die they all should be paid.
Noni123 - / 1  
The Pearl (warning in the third chapter) thesis statement

Hello,

I am searching for an good thesis statement, which shows us the warning in chapter three! What does the author warn us about? I would also need three quotes from the book that prove it!

Thank you so much!!! :-)
ChristineB - / 108 55  
Hi, Noni123.

Is your thesis about The Pearl by John Steinbeck?

Why don't we start with your telling us what points you want to get across in your essay, especially about the "warning" in chapter 3 (I don't remember this warning, so tell me what you mean by that). Think of what you want to say and write it here, very plainly - then we can hopefully help you expand your thoughts into an essay.

Home / Book Reports / The Pearl John Steinbeck (theme / thesis statement: what you want is not what you need)