Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 9

The Pearl Johnsteinbeck (thesis statement)

rasheppard 1 / 1  
I need help on writing a thesis statment on the pearl, my topic is symbolism.
The pearl in Steinbeck's story of the same name symbolizes the corrupting power of materialism, which relentlessly destroys everything worthwhile in Kino's life.
Yes, that point Sean made is an example of what a good thesis statement for this story might be: a clear assertion that you make about the book...
OP rasheppard 1 / 1  
I changed my essay topic on the pearl so i need help writing a thesis statement on theme, my three main points are kinos greed, The Roles of Fate and Agency in Shaping Human Life, and Colonial Society's Oppression of Native Cultures (doctor).
logitech 3 / 9  
This might help:

Symbolism in The Pearl by John Steinbeck

REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS COPIED-- (do not paste content from other websites, or your membership will be suspended!!) --EF_Kevin
Hello Logitech, please check out the forum rules again. I see that you pasted that content (used to be above) because you were trying to help, but we must avoid posting content from other websites.

Now, for the themes, they are all very different. However, perhaps you can make an argument for the importance of the role of agency, and say that you do not believe in fate. Argue a thesis that you can make a strong argument about. I see that those themes you mentioned come from Sparknotes, which is a great source for seeing the themes of a novel... So, take one of those ideas, add a little of your own ideas, and write a meaningful thesis -- perhaps a thesis about how a person can overcome the kind of adversity in the story.
Really, you should probably pick one of the three themes, then write solely about that. If you insist on trying to cram all three into a single essay, though, ask yourself what connects them to each other. Your answer will be something very much like a thesis statement.
cyoung - / 1  
Term paper The Pearl thesis - greed vs relationships

Im working on my term paper about The Pearl. The thesis I came up with is the impact greed has on relationships. Any ideas on how to word this? Also, Im in need of sources from professional journals. Any ideas?

Thanks!!
The pearl in the book of the same name represents the corrosive effect of greed on human relationships.

Go to the library. Search for articles on The Pearl in academic journals .

Home / Book Reports / The Pearl Johnsteinbeck (thesis statement)