Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Pride and Prejudice Essay - Thesis and Idea Revising

who192 1 / -  
Hey! So, I'm writing this essay that's on Pride and Prejudice. The question is as follows: Discuss the idea(s) developed by the text creator in your chosen text about the ways in which individuals pursue or compromise their happiness.

My thesis is: In this novel, Jane Austen demonstrates the idea that when one pursues their happiness through marriage, one may also compromise another's potential happiness, their chance to meet a soul mate, or their economic security.

My main request is for somebody to help me strengthen my thesis and if there are any other ideas for body paragraphs than the ones listed so far, would you be able to share the with me?

Basically, my essay plan is like this. I will talk about how when Elizabeth married Darcy, it ruined Caroline Bingley's and Lady Catherine's chance at potential happiness as they both wanted to marry Darcy (or their grandaughter). In my 2nd paragraph, I plan to talk about how Charlotte sacrifices her chance to meet a soul mate as she hastily marries Mr. Collins. My 3rd paragraph will be about how Lydia's marriage based on libido to Wickham is not financially secure, and how if Elizabeth married only for love, she may have also landed in the same situation.

Is their any advice that you can give me on how to strengthen my ideas and structure?
sara alawieh 2 / 11  
Your thesis statement is nice and strong but i read the story and i think it's better to write your thesis statement and your introduction about how love can change a person's attitude or behavior ... maybe u should mention something like: jane austen personalize the idea that we never know for whom our heart will beat...

i hope i've helped a little:)

Home / Book Reports / Pride and Prejudice Essay - Thesis and Idea Revising