Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

Proving a quote using Hamlet and The Great Gatsby

pandakong 1 / -  
I'm writing an essay based on the quote "To be happy, we must not be to concerned with others" - Albert Camus.

The main idea is using examples from the two novels to prove this quote is true.
I have a few ideas but I need more points help!
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
I would like to hear what your ideas are... I have not read Great Gatspy, and I read Hamlet but 10 years ago :/ Each book must have characters that exemplify this statement. Elaborate on these particular characters. To not be concerned with others takes a certain amount of detachment from other people. What kind of person is like this-- an egocentric megalomaniac. A sociopath, perhaps. I am pretty sure that kind of person is happy, not concerned with others, because they only worry for themselves. The statement that will be your topic is difficult to prove- because is seems contradictory to the human essence-- making others happy in turn makes you happy. Is there any character in these books that is a prime example of this concept? I would start writing about that character, to get the ball rolling... if you come p with anything, start a new thread so it stands out... we are here to help :) Good luck!

Home / Book Reports / Proving a quote using Hamlet and The Great Gatsby