Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

how does the representation of childhood and adolescence shape the meaning

alylakhani 1 / -  
of these works: The Road, Wuthering Heights, and Frankenstein(the childhood and adolescence of the creature).
I have to pick two of these. I am having trouble writing a thesis and with some of the paragraphs. i cant quite understand how the representation shapes the meaning of these books. can you guys help?
Well, the childhood experiences of Cathy and Heathcliff shape the way those characters turn out. Heathcliff's indulgence by his adoptive father, the subsequent neglect/abuse by his step-brother, and the conversation he half overhears between Cathy and the housekeeper all shape who Heathcliff becomes -- a human monster bent on exacting vengeance on the Linton's and Earnshaws. Likewise, in Frankenstein, the creature is intelligent and initially peaceful, but becomes determined to exact vengeance on his creator when it becomes obvious that he (the creature, that is) is so hideous that all inevitably treat him with fear and loathing. There are enough parallels there to base an essay on.

Home / Book Reports / how does the representation of childhood and adolescence shape the meaning