Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

"The Rose That Grew From The Concrete", Columbia : Meaningful Book

Tanici1401 2 / 9  
"Did u hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's laws wrong it learned to walk without having feet
Funny it seems but by keeping its dream it learned to breathe fresh air
Long live the rose that grew from the concrete when no one else even cared!"
- Tupac Shakur (The Rose That Grew From The Concrete)

"The Rose That Grew From The Concrete", a book of poems by Tupac Shakur, embraces its readers and takes them on a journey through his mind. Written when Tupac was only nineteen years of age, this poetry is free from the restraints of the music industry and all financial pressures. It is free of the anger that came from getting shot, betrayed, and thrown in jail for a crime it is believed he never commited. What these poems convey is the real man behind the facade: his concerns, passions, fears, interests, sensitivity, and sense of humor. It is Tupac before his fame.

Avid
OP Tanici1401 2 / 9  
Second Essay: What attracts you to the fields or fields or study?

Architecture and Computer Science have always been my primary interests. When I was younger, I remember prying open my mothers' dead phones with the intent to fix them. I was interested in the internal workings; the foreign chips and wires; I wanted create my own device. While in my 8th grade year of middle school, I was finally given the chance when I was asked if I wanted to be apart of the Medical or Engineering Prep School, obviously I chose engineering. As part of the engineering program I have been able to expand my interests in Architecture and Computer Science. Through my CAD Engineering class, I learned the basic fundamentals of Architecture. I had the opportunity to build bridges, geometric domes, and towers. As well as this class, I have/am taking Cisco classes (Networking), Computer science classes, and I am currently interning as an assistant technician.
saurabh93 11 / 94  
For your second essay, talk more about why you "obviously" chose engineering, because you're not very clear about it.
If you have time , can you please help w/ mine? :]

Home / Book Reports / "The Rose That Grew From The Concrete", Columbia : Meaningful Book