Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 3

Similarities or Differences between Hamlet and The Great Gatsby

futurestar 1 / -  
so i have to do a comparative essay on my english exam tomorrow , and i have thought of a thesis, but when i asked my teacher about it, he said that on the exam i might to have to make a small change to my thesis.

i've been trying to think, but i can't come up with anything that i would make me change my thesis and points only a bit.

so can you please take a look at what i have and maybe give me some suggestion as to maybe what my teacher might change the theme to?

thesis: In Shakespeare's Hamlet and Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, the characters' decisiveness work against themselves, thereby leading to their demises.
flavia03 7 / 9  
Maybe specify the characters that you may refer to (if there are only one from each play/novel)
You can make an observation that goes even deeper than that. Decisiveness is a good concept. Your teacher might not appreciate it enough. Be bold with your discussion of decisiveness.

The thing to do is go deep into your exploration of the implications of the truths you uncover... about rash drastic decisions and about passion, ambition, folly... make a keen observation.

;-)

Home / Book Reports / Similarities or Differences between Hamlet and The Great Gatsby