Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

'Star-crossed Destinies' - Oedipus vs. Okonkwo Essay

crystal77 8 / 13 1  
A Pair of Star-crossed Destinies

Is it truly ironic for Oedipus to escape fate any other way if not informed about his foreshadowed destiny? Is it truly ironic that Okonkwo's fate is his actual destiny? Nevertheless, while branching from the influence of fate and the supernatural, both Sophocles and Achebe emphasize the idea of fate vs. the weakness of man. With this Achebe derives Things Fall Apart by utilizing the classic model of Oedipus Rex. Nonetheless, Teiresias knows regardless of Oedipus' actions or feelings towards fate, it will eventually play itself out in the end.

Help me with my grammar and suggestions on my word choice
Honest feedback. This is my intro and I need to come up with a good thesis.
mts12 1 / 1  
I would say start with this sentence you had
"Branching from the influence of fate and the supernatural, both Sophocles and Achebe emphasize the idea of fate vs. the weakness of man"

and then you can explain what you said in the first sentence

concluding with " in this way"
"Achebe(Instead of achebe say the author) derives Things Fall Apart by utilizing the classic model of Oedipus Rex. Nonetheless, Teiresias knows regardless of Oedipus' actions or feelings towards fate, it will eventually play itself out in the end."

Just a suggestion, your thesis looks good though.
hope this helps, No problem with your grammar.
And thanks with feedback on my supplement essay!
OP crystal77 8 / 13 1  
Urgent !!!!!!!!!!! Oedipus vs. Okonkwo essay: A Pair of Star-crossed Destinies

Branching from the influence of fate and the supernatural, both Sophocles and Achebe emphasize the idea of fate vs. the weakness of man. Readers, you might be wondering, is it justly ironic for Oedipus to escape fate any other way if not informed about his foreshadowed destiny? Is it justly ironic that Okonkwo's fate outlined his actual destiny? With this, Achebe derives Things Fall Apart by utilizing the classic model of Oedipus Rex. In Things Fall Apart the author employs the rhetorical elements of theme, characterization and irony in order to highlight and recount the fate of Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart to Oedipus' fate in Oedipus the King.

Please help me with grammar and diction.
Revise it plz. Urgent need help
mendoza123 1 / 8  
great grammar and diction seems correct to me..well you talk about how fate interacts with Oedipus and Okonwko but how does the weakness of man com into play?

Home / Book Reports / 'Star-crossed Destinies' - Oedipus vs. Okonkwo Essay