Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

"A story of an hour" - an alternate ending

Welcome2myworld 1 / 1  
I'm supposed to write an alternate ending or add more to the ending that is already written in Kate Chopin's "A story of an hour." I started reading it a couple of days ago and loved the beginning so much that I decided to write and ending (listed earlier)(there were several writing styles to choose from). As I finished the story I noticed that the ending that I was going to write was already written (where her husband is still alive).

I just need a new path to take, as far as a plot, can anybody help me???
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon!

Chopin wrote well before her time; she was an activist for women's rights before many other more famous individuals. I suggest that you do a little bit of research regarding the role of women in the Victorian Era; what their role in life was (to marry and have children, very little else), and how repressive life was for them. Knowing this, you could then keep in line with Mr. Mallard having died, and create a new Mrs. Mallard. Give her hobbies and desires, and then ways she went about fulfilling them. Would she still have lived, or not? What if she had lived upon finding her husband alive; you could still describe how repressive and stifling her life as a Victorian woman was.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP Welcome2myworld 1 / 1  
Thanks it does. As of now she is going to be alive and I was going to have her leave her husband, with her sister to see the world (prior to knowing her husband is still alive)

What do you think?
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
I think that is a very good idea. Run with it, see where it goes! Let me know how it works out!

Regards,
Gloria
EssayForum.com

Home / Book Reports / "A story of an hour" - an alternate ending