Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

It is about story from Paulo Coelho's book "Like the Flowing River"

jalalah 1 / 1  
Book: Like the Flowing River for Paulo Coelho.
Story: The Dead Man Wore Pyjamas, page: 37.

It is really sad and depressing story. I could not imagine how 20 years had been gone and no one had noticed his absence. There are no friends and relatives asking about him. Moreover, he divorced his wife; and he might lose or was on the verge of losing his job due to the bankruptcy of his company. It seems that he spent last days of his life completely alone, eating and sleeping alone. There is no one waiting for him or worrying about him anywhere in the whole world. It was really difficult and miserable situation. Therefore, the aloneness is not good for anybody and we always need to the family and our friends to enjoy our life with them.

However, some people have a lot of friends and relatives but they still feel lonely. Also, some married people live together with their spouses but they still feel lonely. Therefore, the aloneness means that you are being or living physically alone, but the loneliness is to feel alone that leads to suffer from it even you are in a room crowded with friends, or leads to spend unhappy times with your spouse even you both are sharing the same bed. Some people say that the aloneness sometimes is good for us because it give us the chance to understand ourselves. I might agree with this point if it is for short time, but I speak here about the loneliness that drives us to lose the taste of life and the happiness.

In order to get over the loneliness and aloneness: when you are lonely, you may need to find ways to connect with others; yet when you are alone, you may need to find ways to connect to yourself. Also, it is important to keep in touch with your friends, family, and relatives. When you look after them, they will look after you in return. Don't say that I will contact them after they do; you start first and keep contacting them even they do not response for you. Also, try to change your life routine. Surprise your spouse, children, or friends with a gift, a flower, or a text that simply says "I love you."
nasiim 2 / 3  
Hi, There are some comments that can improve your essay.

we always need family and our friends to enjoy our life with them.

it gives us a chance to understand ourselves...

you start first and keep contacting with them even if they do not respond to you

Good luck!
OP jalalah 1 / 1  
Thank you very much.
Hi
First, you have not told us the question or the prompt of this essay. What is the purpose of this writing? Without having any knowledge on that, it is difficult to comment. Include your topic in your next thread.

It is really sad and depressing story. I could not imagine how 20 years had been gone and no one had noticed his absence. There are no friends and relatives asking about him.

You have not introduced "him", the main character.

and he might lose or was on the verge of losing his job due to the bankruptcy of his company.

and he might have lost or was on the verge of losing his job due the bankruptcy of the company.

It seems that he spent last days of his life completely alone, eating and sleeping alone.

It seems he spent a very lonely life in last few days of his life without having any sort of company with others.

Home / Book Reports / It is about story from Paulo Coelho's book "Like the Flowing River"