Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

Text Analysis of a chapter from a book called South Moon Under. How to start?

mstzizi92 2 / 6  
Hello everyone,

I had to read a chapter from a book called South Moon Under, and i need to write a text analysis essay. The chapter that i read was basically about a young boy who lived with his mother and uncle in an arid land, or you can say the swamp. But overall the boy wanted to learn how to hunt for deer. The author talked about the deers going out to eat four times a day and they come out depending on the setting of the moon. Moon-rise and moon-down, and south-moon over, and south-moon under. And it goes on to explain the boys experience when he went hunting, and he in short, has a lot to learn about hunting, because he scared away the deers instead of killing them.

I need help on how to write the text analysis... I don't know how to start....
whitney 21 / 38  
recently i have written a movie report and the teacher told us to give a summary first and then talk about your idea about the story. or you can search how to write novel report.
Hey, I think you ALREADY started, friend. You have such a natural, clear way of expressing these ideas. Maybe you are just getting fooled by the word "text analysis." It sounds more complicated than it is.

If you are going to analyze something, you need to use some criteria. What will the criteria be? Literary devices? Google this: literary devices, list

How about theme? Google the name of the story and the word "theme" to find good discussions.

You need to explain what the author accomplished and how. It's easier than you think -- especially since you have talent as a writer.
Rosalin Becky 2 / 5  
In my point of view, text analysis referred to idea you get from the text... Prior to writing a good text analysis, you'd better understand the text well; therefore, it'll help you form some ideas so as to write such a thing... :-) good luck!

Home / Book Reports / Text Analysis of a chapter from a book called South Moon Under. How to start?