Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 5

Thesis from a paragraph of "King Lear"

sarahmk 22 / 55  
It is moving, yes, but bitterly moving, and our emotions will be turned against us shortly, for the visionary experience of a timeless love cannot compete in Shakespeare with the tragic vision, the grim necessity of history.

usfca.edu/~southerr/lear.html

From this paragraph could you tell me what the thesis is. is the one i bolded right?

thanks
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Are you asking if that is the thesis of that paragraph, or the thesis of the entire essay? I might be more inclined to go with the sentence which begins "Only when he chose to call attention to the magical..." as the thesis, if only because it is a little more specific than the one you cited; the meaning is similar.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
aura - / 2  
My Thesis ("King Lear")

okay guys..
so I'm new here.. and i hope i get a reply before tomorrow morning..
its URGENT..
THIS THESIS NEEDS TO BE PERFECT. lol

can you guys give me feedback on my thesis statement.
whether it needs corrections or re-arrangements.
our teacher asked us to utilize the "not only.. But also" type thesis.. so here it goes:

In "King Lear" several themes are evident, not only does Shakespeare introduce popular themes such as love and deceit, but also weaves in the intricate and symbolic theme of blindness.

thanks, guys!
boonster 2 / 10  
First thing I'd ask after reading that would be how does love and deciet weave to a symbol of blindness?

If you can over come that. You got it =]
love, deceit, blindness . . .

Okay, these are all "themes" in Lear in the sense that Shakespeare is using the play to say something about each of them. But what is it he is saying about them? And how do these messages connect to one another? Answer these questions, and you will be well on your way to having a good thesis statement.

Home / Book Reports / Thesis from a paragraph of "King Lear"