Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 4

A Thousand of splendid Sun, the complex novel

fm_rainbow 2 / 3  
A Thousand of Splendid Sun

I had just finished read a thousand of splendid suns yesterday.
I think the novel was so complex. It was not about women but it is also about war.
How the effect war for human life for women and children especially. War makes children lose his/her parents. There are no home for them. They lose their life.
cutie 1 / 2  
A Thousand Splendid Sun

I especially like the following sentences.

She is here, in these walls they've repainted, in the trees they've planted, in the blankets that keep children warm, in these pillows and books and pencils.

She is in the children's laughter.
She is in the verses Aziza recites and in the prayers she mutters when she bows westward.
But mostly, Mariam is in Laila's own heart, where she shins with the bursting radiance of a thousand suns.

The novel is very touching.
Fitri and Wei-Sin, you have started a great thread about a great book. So, Fitri, are you required to write a poem about the book?

I see that you have grammar errors, so I'll correct them here:
I just finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns yesterday.
I think the novel was so complex. It was not only about women but also about war.

It is about how the war affects human life for women and children especially.

War makes children lose their parents. There are no homes for them. They lose their lives.

:-)
OP fm_rainbow 2 / 3  
To cutie : yes..i agree with you...it's about struggling, cherish and love for the other.
To Kevin : Thanks Kevin.It's my first time posted something in this website. I hope you can help my "error" grammar...

Home / Book Reports / A Thousand of splendid Sun, the complex novel