Home / Book Reports   % width Posts: 2

A thousand splendid suns 4 feminism points ??

andrews167 1 / -  
Hi, im having a little difficulty writing my essay. My teacher gave us the thesis that a thousand splendid suns is a femist novel and we have to prove that so far my points are: Khaled Hosseini is sympathetic to women and expresses it through the novel

The writer shows inner struggle women go through and how they prevail
In afghanistan, womens rights under the law are non existant

and i need one more. also here is my into so far:
The injustices brought upon women have been present throughout time. Now, entering modern day time, the attitude towards women has drastically within our society, although many people are still unaware of what feminism truly means. A common misconception is that feminism is about making women hate men and not wanting to have families with them. Presently, we can confidently say that women are nearly equal to men. Women play roles in our society that no other time period has ever allowed, though in most parts of the world the equality of women ceases to exist. In Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns, situated in the fatherland of Afghanistan, Mariam, a naive young girl, is born into an unfavourable situation and lives a life of hardship, living in an unjust society with a corrupt government which does not acknowledge the rights of women and has been torn by jihad (war). A Thousand Splendid Suns can be examined as a feminist novel because it actively speaks out against the subjugation of women in Afghanistan and how they prevail, in Afghanistan women

i need help forming my thesis statement, also i know i need to go into depth about what feminism is but i dont know where to put it in. Please help
Natasha Arif - / 1  
The novel is about the torture and injustice inflicted upon the women in a male dominated country. Even though the world has evolved socially and mentally, the scars have not yet faded. It shows how a women struggles to make a place in a society where she is not accepted as an equal. Whenever a girl is born in a family they see her as a bad amen and as a burden on the family. Hosseini is trying to shed some light on the fact that women have the ability to face the cruelties of the world and stand strong. He tells us that women are not items of trade or pleasure but they are our better half.

I am from Pakistan. Even though I do not live in a city where women are not given their rights, there are still some places where women are beaten and raped just because their fathers, husbands, brothers thought they were useless. There is a reason why women came into this world. God makes everything for a reason and there is a reason why he made women, to improve men. Hosseini is trying to tell us to look at our better half with respect and as our equal, not as someone who is below is us and not worthy of our attention.

I think you should start off your thesis with a famous quote from the novel itself, a famous quote always help. Plus it'll also make your thesis sound more professional and well-thought about. And then write about the TRUE meaning of the word feminism. After that add your points.

Hope this helped.

Home / Book Reports / A thousand splendid suns 4 feminism points ??