Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 2

(Cancer support and services) Methodology for capstone proposal

shdixon 1 / -  
Hello,

Perhaps you can help I am doing my Masters Capstone and investigating if cancer support programs and services address the special needs of those newly diagnosed with lung cancer. Im gathering information on several cancer support programs, going to see if their services cater to lung cancer patients, and make recommendations based on my findings. For my methods section, I first thought I was doing a comparative analysis of the programs, but realized Im not comparing them, but simply evaluating them (while using the logic model) to see if their services cater to lung cancer patients. How can I express this in my methods section? What type of method best fits the description of what I am trying to do. It doesn't seem to fit any of the methods that I have researched i.e gap analysis, literature review

Thanks
Well, to answer the issue of if your eval.is actual actually comparison : All you need to do is use language such as "aside from, as opposed to, " and don't forget that, when mentioning multiple sources, even when the information is virtually the same, you can say things like "Just as", "in relation to", etc. and not only is it thorough and necessary to study multiple practices, ideas, IT'S STILL COMPARISON, EVEN WHEN YOU use language like a fore mentioned!! :). If comparison is one main goal, it's all about the language and not whether there are opposing points.

I think you should be ok, good luck! Hope this helps!!

Home / Dissertations / (Cancer support and services) Methodology for capstone proposal