Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 4

(to cover adoption as a whole) - Sturggling with Hons. dissertation. Advice?

ingrams 1 / 2  
Hi everyone,

First of all, I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to get people to do my work. I just needed a bit of advice and came across this forum.

I'm in my final year at University and have chosen the topic of adoption for my dissertation. It is due in around 2 months or so and I am really struggling, to the point where I don't have a good enough dissertation statement. I am going to cover adoption as a whole, compare different countries and talk about the different circumstances in which adoption could happen, as in, 2 people in a civil partnership, married couples etc. I handed in my plan last month and was told it was OK but I shouldn't mention the process of adoption as that is straight forward enough.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or ideas on a statement and just general structure of the dissertation.

Thanks for any help and I hope I've not broken any rules!
OP ingrams 1 / 2  
I was wondering if this is a good statement:

"As humans we need positive reinforcement from parental figures in order to socialize and build relationships with people throughout our lifetimes. Adoption provides a means for children who no longer have families to re-join a family and recieve that re-assurance that they will also have a good, positive upbringing"?
hafidgg 6 / 11  
hello ;
there must be lot of things to be said in that topic coz it is so rich.
u merely have to draw an outline limiting ur paper because it is too general; then welcome . i promise to help as much as i can.

good luck
OP ingrams 1 / 2  
Thanks for the reply hafidgg

So, I should choose one part of adoption to write about? I was just scared that I wouldn't be able to do 15,000 words on one specific part so I chose Adoption in general.

Would you reccomend any part of Adoption to choose?

Thanks

Home / Dissertations / (to cover adoption as a whole) - Sturggling with Hons. dissertation. Advice?