Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 3

Discussion about the Baroque age

mandymoore 10 / 1  
During the Baroque period, people were attracted to by extremes of feeling and learned themselves and the world. The one of the reason why science and philosophy affected to the Baroque age is skepticism was growing in religious beliefs, Reformation and Counter-Reformation broke out. So scientists were more able to do things without any religious thought. But the most of the scientists were convicted because of they were heresist. Another reason is people started to believe scientific truth of power. Baroque age was great invention period. For example, Galileo designed and built his own telescope, Fahrenheit invented system of measuring temperature, and Leibnitz invents new notations of calculus.

Hi I need help with this discussion. thank u
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'd be happy to help you with some editing pointers!

During the Baroque period, people were attracted to by extremes of feeling and learned themselves and the world. - This sentence does not really make sense, although I think I know what you were trying to say. How about "During the Baroque period, people were excited by learning about themselves and the world around them."

One of the reasons science and philosophy affected the Baroque age is that skepticism was growing in religious beliefs, resulting in the Reformation and Counter-Reformation. As a result, scientists were more able to do things without any religious thought. But most of the scientists were convicted of heresy. - Is this accurate; was it "most" of the scientists?

Another reason is that people started to believe the power of scientific truth. The baroque age was one of many great inventions. For example, Galileo designed and built his own telescope, Fahrenheit invented a system of measuring temperature, and Leibnitz invented a new notation of calculus.

If you need to expand this a bit, you could talk more about what distinguished the Baroque Age. For example, the architecture and music were both very ornate and flowery. You could also talk more about Galileo; what it was he discovered and how he was forced to recant his views by the Church.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP mandymoore 10 / 1  
Thank you. I really appreciate. U have a good day.

Home / Dissertations / Discussion about the Baroque age