Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 4

Dissertation topics-in built environment subjects

cicin 1 / 1  
hi friends,
As a part of MSC ,I have to do a dissertation in built environment topics.
As I am doing my MSC in quantity surveying can any one suggest a nice topic.
what i have in my mind is a comparative study on cost analysis of traditional construction and sustainable costruction .Can any one provide any suggestion this topic or any other topic.

regards,
Cicin
Liebe 1 / 542 2  
Can any one provide any suggestion this topic

^What do you mean?

any other topic

^A topic that I may find interesting, does not mean that you would find it equally interesting to actually do a research paper on it.
comparative study on cost analysis of traditional construction and sustainable costruction

There is nothing wrong with this approach as long as you narrow the focus somewhat. This topic, as you express it, has certainly been done in a variety of contexts and under various circumstances. Your challenge is to search relevant databases for articles about this subject, and see what has been done already.

Some of the articles you read may even have a "Recommendations" section at the end. If you see an article that is from 2007 or 2008 which recommends furthr research in comparing sustainable vs traditional in a particular context or under particular circumstances, you can cite that rticles recommendation as part of your "significance of this study" section.

If you do enough reading about this subject, you'll see "gaps" in the literature where a space needs to be filled.
OP cicin 1 / 1  
Liebe
yes, absolutely I agree with you but I can get a variety of ideas that's what my intention.
cicin

Home / Dissertations / Dissertation topics-in built environment subjects