Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 7

Management / HR - Research topic suggestion - Journals, books, and other materials for PhD

student_123 1 / 1  
Hi

Can you suggest me some journals, books that I can read, as i am on my way to decide a PHD topic in HR.

Thank You
maha2001new 1 / 2  
give journal,book , research topic and articles for ph.d in software egineering

maha
Hello Neha and Maha,

All you need to do is choose a good database. I use Questia.
With questia, you can search for HRM or type this: "human resources" or "human resource management" and thousands of professional articles will appear on your screen.

Your school probably also has a great database associated with the library. The important task is to spend 2 hours each day ENJOYING the articles you find.

:-)
akkistar6 - / 1  
[Moved from]: Management / HR - Reserch topic suggestion

Hi, I'm studying MBA in USA, and I'm new to the system, I've a Management Research paper to submit, but however am unable to select a topic to submit the paper on, I'm very interested in HR related topics, could you please suggest me a few topics to choose from and also help me on how to go about it.
Well... what is this paper? It is a 'management research paper?' It probably is just an ordinary research paper to be written about a management topic.

So, what I hope you will do is this:

Go to a database with professional journal articles (I use questia, but you probably have a school library database to use.)

ENJOY searching for an article that really fascinates you. Just ONE. Find one that is brilliant and that includes a literature review. It also has to be one that was written less than 3 years ago.

Read the literature review and do a scavenger hunt to find some or the articles cited.

Lock yourself in a room and write paragraphs about all the articles you read. Even if you cannot find an article, you can mention it's main idea. Write a para about every article!

See what I mean? It all starts with one good, recent literature review.

Find a perfect literature review as a starting point. That is the best way. Choose the topic based on what appeals to you. :-)
mea505 - / 265  
I am not in management, but I do know a little bit about Human Resources. Having that said, I think that if you do (along with what Kevin has suggested) a Google Search on HR/Management, you might very well find some articles there as well. Kevin mentioned Questia, and that's an excellent database -- although it will cost you a little each month. Going to the library and looking for the journals or magazines is also good, as he also suggested. Try the Google first, however, and see where you land. When you are ready to submit your paper to the forum, let us know!

Mark
OP student_123 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your suggestion :)

Home / Dissertations / Management / HR - Research topic suggestion - Journals, books, and other materials for PhD