Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 2

PHD THESIS ON OB / Ocuupational Psychology /Learning & Development

sanjibjena 1 / -  
Greeting Respected Members,

I am HR professional with my MBA degree and currently working as Assistant Professor in the same field.

I am going to London to pursue a Level 7 course awarded by CMI and willing to do my PHD at London in the area of Organizational Behavior / Occupational Psychology / Human Resource Management .

I am little confused about the topic and exact area.

I am interested in Training & Development , Personality, Stress Management.

I am also well versed with Spiritualism, Cultures & Change.

I was thinking about a topic with respect to Five Elements of Nature(as per Hinduism/Buddhism) & its utilization in studying personalities & facilitating Training Programs accordingly.

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Sanjib Kumar Jena
linkedin.com/in/sanjibjena
Greetings Respected Sanjib!

:-) I think you are "beyond help." Usually when people say that, it means you are hopeless, but that is the opposite of what I mean. I think you are beyond most people's ability to help you, because your ideas are so well developed that you might not be able to expect many people to help you more than you can help yourself.

But I'll try! Are you talking about the 5 "aggregates" studied in Buddhism and the teachings on impermanence and interdependence? If so, I think you can easily make connections with employee development. Interdependence is a key concept within an organization.

So... how will you proceed? I don't want to steal your opportunity for inspiration, but I'll give a few concepts to help you brainstorm: Put the self aside to pursue organizational goals; Put the self aside to experience the perspective of a colleague; enjoy your work by working without thinking about the reward but instead about the process of doing each task while keeping some attention on the breathing and posture.

I think you should google around to read about the research method called "case study" or "multiple case study." Study a case where these teachings have been applied, and interview organizational members to do your case study. :-)

Home / Dissertations / PHD THESIS ON OB / Ocuupational Psychology /Learning & Development