Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 9

PhD Topic Efficiency and Productivity of Out Patient Departments

ARATHI S 1 / 4  
Hai sir,

Can anyone help me to get a start with my PhD in management? I have decided a topic ? "Efficiency and Productivity of Out patient Departments in Health care organizations" I have completed Master of Hospital Administration and wanna stick on to Hospital based research. I need to prepare a write up on this. Please help me from where could I get more input on this?

ARATHI
ChampagneBrut - / 2  
I would suggest visiting or calling your university librarian for help. Tell them you're stuck on sources, etc. and you would like their help on approaching your topic.

Cheers,

CB
"Efficiency and Productivity of Out patient Departments in Health care organizations"

Well, this topic might be a good one to approach with a case study design. You have to conduct some research, right? The thing to do is use the school's dissertation guidelines while you put the thing together. Look at what they require.

Do they tell you to create a proposal first? This will be time consuming, but it is something you can definitely accomplish if you just look at the other articles that have been written recently by people tackling the same topic as you.

I would like to give you 2 small assignments that will help you:
1.) Google this: "research design" case study "mixed method"
That will help you to prepare for seeing if a mixed methods case study approach will be a good one to use.
2.) Read five articles with case studies used for hospital research, and write a little paragraph about each article. This will be useful later whe you write your literature review.

If you do those 2 things, it will help you to get started! :-)
OP ARATHI S 1 / 4  
Thank u kevin for the valuable suggestion. I will try those two and get back to u soon. Pls guide me on the same after that.

Arathi
OP ARATHI S 1 / 4  
Hai kevin,

As discussed earlier the research dept asked me to make a proposal and presentation on the same topic. Can u guide me on how to make simple presentation and proposal soon. Please give reply as early as possible.

Regards,

Arathi
"research design" case study "mixed method"

This is most important. Do not just google it, but also search your school's database for articles that have these terms.

When you find articles that had these 2 terms, you know that you will get a good example of the way to do case study research.

If you choose case study design, you can only focus on one case or a few cases. You'll have to analyze interview data and learn people's opinions. That is just one way to do it.

Then, add a new search term:
Outpatient Departments case study

See what other people have done and what they used for their research designs. You need to read several studies and understand them before you can write your own.

When you write the proposal, use the school's guidelines. Often, the proposal consists of chapter 1 introduction, chapter 2 lit. review, and chapter 3 methods.

Read at least 5 research articles by other health care researchers. That HAS to be the first step, and then you can learn from them and see what you prefer. It won't take long before you are a pro! So, read some articles and let's discuss their research designs.

:-)
OP ARATHI S 1 / 4  
Thank u so much Kevin.I will do that and two weeks to go for my presentation. Within that time I think I can make it.

Sorry, I may have to contact you again before my presenation for a final consultation.

Regards,

Arathi
TutorPhil - / 14  
Hey, Arathi.

Here's a suggestion:

It looks like your thesis contains two parts: Efficiency and Productivity.
So, now you have two distinct parts (sections) you will be discussing. So, look up the exact definitions of the words 'efficiency' and 'productivity,' and this will help you talk about your thesis and then write it.

You see, your most important work begins in your brain as you try to come up with material. So, establish a clear difference between these two words and you will have two clear separate sections. Then, within each section, try to subdivide further into topics (subsections). Understanding the exact definitions of the words and concepts will help you do that.

Was this helpful at all?
If so, I could elaborate on it a little more. Remember - the thesis statement is everything. You should have at least the entire thesis statement written out before you can present your topic.

Good luck,

Phil
OP ARATHI S 1 / 4  
Thank u Phil. I will definitely try to study the definitions of these words and then make a good start. I expect valuable suggestions like this.

Regards

Arathi

Home / Dissertations / PhD Topic Efficiency and Productivity of Out Patient Departments