Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 3

Relevance of research to the development of my country

Uromi 4 / 10 1  
Hi please help me review this.
How can this research be applied to the development of your country?

Research topic: Evaluation of drying processing technologies for the production, quality and Shelf-life of cashew apple juice concentrate.

The outcomes of this research can be applied towards the creation of new avenues for the utilization of cashew fruits and in extension other fruits, in an effective manner by commercial fruit farmers. About 500, 000 metric tonnes, worth N50 billion of cashew fruits rot annually in Nigeria due to inadequate processing technology (Cashew Producers Association of Nigeria, CPAN). Nigeria is the fourth largest producer of cashew in the world producing a total of 220, 000 metric tonnes of cashews out of the world's total of 2.1 million metric tonnes in 2017 (National Cashew Association of Nigeria, NCAN). Cashew has a vast potential to take many Nigerians out of poverty and in order for this crop to be harnessed, post-harvest losses must be addressed as these wastages/losses reduces the household income (NCAN). Value addition to cashew fruits as a way of preventing these losses/wastages in Nigeria is needed. Therefore the production of juice concentrates from cashew apple fruit at industrial scale will reduce these post-harvest losses as concentrates are easier to handle during storage and transportation.

The outcomes of this research can also be published on local Journals thereby making positive contribution in the field of Agriculture and for reference purposes in Nigeria. The new scientific knowledge will be applied by researchers, Agricultural Institutes, corporations and cashew farmers so as to bring about value addition, reduce post-harvest losses, increase agricultural productivity and achieve sustainable food security.
The researched part of your response is out of place. You should be thinking in terms of how much the current GDP of Nigeria comes from cashew products first. Then project what percentage of increase such a type of research can contribute towards the GDP. What specific areas of production will be addressed by your research?

How much of the current process wastes the product? What is the financial equivalent of that loss? What increase might result from your research?

Think in terms of economic development along with farming related advancement in terms of technology which can be helped by your research. You have to be specific about its application in at least 2 related fields. The researched information you provided is not as necessary as the information regarding how it will advance this particular field of farming and production development in Nigeria.
OP Uromi 4 / 10 1  
Thank you Holt.. I appreciate your view

Home / Dissertations / Relevance of research to the development of my country