Home / Dissertations   % width Posts: 3

Securing eCommerce transactions in Southern Africa

samgono 1 / -  
i dont know where to start guys. my idea is to find ways to secure eCommerce transactions in Southern Africa. i want to research on the data protection mechanisms along the transmission channel. for example how to make sure noone is going to 'see' our credit card details although encrypted.

Final year student: Computing and IT degree
Start with the research, of course. Search the Internet for articles on data protection mechanisms, computer security in South Africa, and so on. Also, check any and all libraries you have access to for sources on the same topics. Then, write up what you learn, anything that seems interesting or relevant to what you plan to do. Ideally, as you write, common themes and elements will begin to emerge from your research that will point you in a clear direction, allowing you to continue your essay.
I wouldn't know how to start this either! Research, like Sean said. You have to read about the efforts that have already been made in this; that is where to start.

After that, it's a matter of applying what you know to what they did, or are doing, so that you are making a contribution. What can you do to add something new?

Home / Dissertations / Securing eCommerce transactions in Southern Africa