Admissions help - a list of questions to answer!

roger8 1 / -  
Can someone help me? I thought I was going to have to write an admission's essay - an actual "essay," but my school gave me a list of questions to answer! One of the questions is about what I think I can do for THEM!!! What do I say?

Roger
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
I can imagine what a shock a list of questions was, especially the one asking what you think you can do for the school. :)

What the school is looking for is concerned not only with you and your contribution to the graduate school while you are there, but also after you leave. Many of these schools survive on endowments, both from the public and from alumni. The way they increase those endowments is to produce productive, if not famous, citizens and professionals. You want to assure them that you will be an active and engaged graduate student, proud to be associated with their school. In addition, you want to do good research, as a graduate student, so that better opportunities will be open to you when you graduate. Finally, as an alumni, you look forward to active participation in both your own civic and professional communities, and in your alumni community. After all, in years to come, you want your school to be as proud of you as you are of them.

Remember, you want them to know that you chose to apply to their school because of their professional reputation and you want to contribute, in every way possible, to the enhancement of that reputation. In reality, all of that is meant to assure them that you will, ultimately, be an asset to the school and not a liability.

Good luck!

EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Admissions help - a list of questions to answer!