Aid for the application of Chevening scholarship professional experience

lany83 6 / 15 4  

chevening essay - academic vs work experiences

Hi Mary, I'd like you to help me, if you can, my work experiences are not related to my field of study for the Chevening Scholarship, but my academic experiences, such as monitoring, scientific initiations and so on. Do you think I should mention academic experiences, such as work experiences, to be appropriate with what I want to study? Please note that my academic experiences have been from 2011 to 2014. They mention that it may be before, after or after graduation, there I am in doubt. Thank you very much for your help right now and throughout this process.
Elaine, there is a cumulative work experience of 2 years, composed of up to 10 periods for the Chevening application. The rules indicate that the work experience may be comprised of the following:

- Part-time / full time work
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships

You cannot use any academic based work experience in this instance because the ruling is that: Employment undertaken as part of your undergraduate or postgraduate course are not eligible.

Therefore, the work experience needs to have been acquired outside of your academic hours / training. These can be internships you had during your gap year, summer vacation, spring break, or winter break. It should not have occurred as part of the course requirements during the regular semester / academic calendar.

You should not use these work experiences that you mentioned because these were completed during the academic calendar year. So the experience that you have falls under the caveat of the work experience requirement. No work experience gained during your actual time studying may be used for this presentation. I hope that you have those off hours internships or part time work relevant to the course you want to study to mention as your work experience due to the strict requirements for the work hours that are strictly implemented when screening the application documents of the potential scholar.
OP lany83 6 / 15 4  
The academic experiences I am referring to are extracurricular, such as a monitoring program, scientific initiations, extension projects, unpaid and paid internships, I performed outside of my schedule, stayed late and during the holidays doing the programs and all are focused to the area to which I wish to apply for Chevening, unlike my professional experience with the Clinical Pharmacy.

Home / Essays / Aid for the application of Chevening scholarship professional experience