Analytical Essay -- methods

david_m 1 / 1  
Hi, I am writing my last assignment, which is an Analytical Essay, which is based on an essay given by my teacher. There is one part where I have to find and discuss the methods used in the essay. What methods? please any help will be very appreciate it.

thanks!
Gautama 6 / 133  
Did your instructor give you specific written instructions for this? If so then please post them here.

What is the teacher's essay about? Is it a persuasive essay? If so then you would analyze the methods that the teacher uses to persuade his/her audience.

Post the instructions.
Post a summary of the teacher's essay.
Then we can figure out exactly what it is you need to analyze.
...any help will be very appreciated .

Hi, this is tough! Tyler is right; we need more info!

However, if you are writing about people's research articles, it is common to have to identify their "research method." What are the articles about? If they discuss research experiments, interviews, and so forth, you need to learn about "research methods" by googling it.

Give us more information about those essays and the class! :)
Ask yourself what the purpose of the teacher's essay is. Then ask yourself how the essay accomplishes that purpose. The answer to the second question should be the methods you need to talk about. And Tyler and Kevin are both right -- you need to post more detailed information if you expect more in-depth help.
OP david_m 1 / 1  
Thanks so much for your reply.
Basically, the methods are: narration, description, definition, process, comparison/contrast, division and illustration. I am writing the essay right now; the paper is based on a paper which purposes are analytical and persuasive. I will post once finished.

Thanks!

Home / Essays / Analytical Essay -- methods