Is anger ever beneficial? outline/essay

hola 1 / 2  
Is anger ever beneficial? I need to do an outline and essay about it. Can any body help me?
cathyliu 19 / 54  
Personally , I think moderate anger does good to our health.

As we are human full of feeling, it makes no sense to try to keep us calm for ever. As a matter of fact, anger ,which is a feeling expression just like happiness, is an effective approach to release our inner dissatisfaction. If reasonable anger can not be emitted in time, the serious consequence is far beyond our expectation. It is said that a certain percentage of people who fall mental illness are because of the pressed mood. ....

Besides that, the reflection of body when we get angry has some obvious features which I think are good to our health both mentally and physically. First of all, you are more concentration at that time. ....sencondly, comparing to the people who sit stably in front of TV, anger makes our body active,from head to toes, we even could say to some extent, anger stimulates our physical metabolism.

So , in my opinion, understanding our inner emotion such as happiness and anger, and futher master how to release them sensibly, is a compulsory course our contemporary people should take part in. Unfortunately, It seems there is lack of such an existence.

(Hope can help you)
silkesha 4 / 24  
Following are just a few benefits of anger:
--It can sometimes lead to achieving higher level goals which are fueled by the strong will or desire to prove others wrong.
--It prevents us from passively accepting the wrongdoings in the society and illuminates us to take action against them.
--Also, anger has led to the formation of many groups and organizations which are great examples of channeling anger in a positive or constructive manner.

--At times, due to some kinds of mistreatments, people have gone to the extent of pushing new laws which have been very beneficial to the society including those to protect the mentally challenged, support the disabled, support some good religious beliefs or put an end to the wrong beliefs.

--Anger provides a very strong sense of motivation.
--People see themselves as the strongest and most assertive, when angry.
This thread has some interesting ideas!!

I recommend a book called "The Molecules of Emotion" by Pert.
I also recommend Yang Jwing Ming's work about Qigong, because it talks about the way to "raise the spirit." Anger does the same thing that in Qigong and Chinese medicine is called "raising the spirit," so I think all the benefits of it are actually the benefits of raising the spirit, which is a byproduct of anger.

Yet, you can raise your spirit without anger.
Anger is what we call one of the feelings we have when the mind disapproves of the situation and expresses it by hurting us and causing that unique kind of pain associated with anger. Other such emotions are fear, grief, etc.

So... do some reading about emotion, and then you can create an outline based on 3 or 4 topics that support your main idea, whatever that turns out to be.
OP hola 1 / 2  
Thank you Cathyliu for your help. I also think that moderate anger does good to our health.
OP hola 1 / 2  
Than you Silkesha for your answering about my topic. Is anger ever beneficial?

Home / Essays / Is anger ever beneficial? outline/essay