My Antonia-essay topic help

tsj456 3 / 5  
1. What is the role of the landscape in the novel? How does the novel thematize the relationship between man and environment?

2. What is Ántonia's relationship to her native Bohemia? Does she have stronger feelings for Bohemia or for Nebraska? What does Ántonia's predicament say about the lives of immigrants during the time of the novel?

3. How does the structure of the novel serve to emphasize some of its overriding themes?

4. Can Jim's view of Ántonia be considered reductive or patronizing in any way? Consider that Cather is a woman writing from the perspective of a man writing about a woman.

can anyone help me on these essay topics? im really confused
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You are in luck, because this book is a well-known novel by a very widely-read and critiqued American author. Because of that, many people have analyzed, dissected, and otherwise dealt with the subject. Try doing an internet search just using the title of the book and you will find a wealth of information at your fingertips. Often, reading what others have written about a work makes things become much clearer for you, so that you can apply this new knowledge to answering the assigned questions.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP tsj456 3 / 5  
Greetings!
i couldn't find any sites, may you please provide me one?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

When I do a Google search using "My Antonia" as my search terms, I come up with several study guides sites which summarize and analyze the books for you. While they may not answer your specific questions, they should at least make the material easier for you to comprehend.

This is a very basic type of internet search which you need to know how to do as a student. Try again, using Google and those search terms, and tell me what you find!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / My Antonia-essay topic help