Application for a medical camp; Need help writing an essay about myself!

gogodada 1 / 5  
I have an application for a medical camp called Medicat during the summer at Wake Forest that I would like to go to. Do do so though, I need to write an essay about myself, what job I would like to have when I am older, why this would be good for me, and things like that. The problem for me is that I don't know 1.) what other topics I should talk about in it and 2.) how I should start/end it.

I would really love some help because I have never done an essay about myself and it is due tomorrow.
(She changed the day it was due to tomorrow from the original due date which was 2 weeks from now.)
CherryPac18 10 / 29 1  
I think you should start off with an anecdote that shows your passion for a job that you would like to have in the future. Then write about skills that you have that will allow you to succeed in that job. Then write how that program will help you achieve your goals.
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
Okay,

Start off with a short anecdote to attract the interest of the reader. An anecdote is a short story. What are you interested in? Also, what field is this? If it is science, for instance, perhaps start off with a story about you observing the environment and thinking about how things work.

But I can't decide for you what you like to do or what job you want to have. That is all YOU. Make up something if you have to.

And if you have to make up a job, then pick one related to the theme of the summer camp. Are your parents in the medical field? Are your parents struggling to make ends meet?

Put all of that in your essay and say that you want to make a difference. If your parents didn't go to college or are struggling, you can say you want to help them.

Did someone introduce you to science or medicine or whatever? How did you come to like it? Explain

Use your brain. This isn't that hard of a prompt; so good luck :) and post your essay here when done.
OP gogodada 1 / 5  
CherryPac18
First off, thanks so much for replying! Second off, I would like to be a Dermatologist. The thing is, I don't know how to make that very interesting...
CherryPac18 10 / 29 1  
The beginning should be about some experience that you had with Dermatology. What first made you want to work as a dermatologist?
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
Ahhh...

Yes, describing cracked skin and all of that stuff :)

Okay, so how did you come to like dermatology?

Wow cherrypac, we are saying THE EXACT SAME THINGS! THAT IS CREEPY BECAUSE I DON'T YOU ARE POSTING!
OP gogodada 1 / 5  
When I researched and saw that they made a lot of money. ;) But really, I like the thought of helping people with their skin because that's what everyone sees. If I can help them with that, maybe I can also help them build their confidence if they believe that they look better, and I liked the thought of seeing the results of what I had helped do/fix. :)
CherryPac18 10 / 29 1  
Wait, so you have no background or anything you just decided one day that you want to be a dermatologist? Even then, there still has to be something other than the cash flow that you have to tell them intrigued you and made you want to spend the rest of your life testing different creams on human skin.
OP gogodada 1 / 5  
That's pretty much what happened. My aunt suggested it one day, and explained to me what they did. Then I went to a dermatologist office and kinda watched. I decided that I needed something to do in life so that I could support myself and my future family and I like how rewarding it is, with the results. And the pay I guess too. It was the winner because I'm doing a lot of blood or surgery. :)
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
So you have no experience at all... right?
OP gogodada 1 / 5  
Correct. I am still in school and I haven't even started my training for Dermatology. I am going to job shadow one this summer, but that's besides the point, (though I will include it in the essay). But anyway, this essay is about my future job (Dermatologist) and how my skills tie in with it. I'm not even in Med school yet. So this is just about why I would like to join that profession and why I would be a good candidate for this summer camp. :)
chessman567 5 / 170 11  
:). Okay, let's see,

Can you brainstorm some ideas or try to write out an introduction? Ohh... I understand now. So talk about the time you were in the dermatologist shop or whatever... describe how you felt... what happened. And then talk about how that experience motivated you. You can also search up on google for some dermatoligist essays.

studymode/essays/Dermatology-Career-Report-202176.

That might give you some ideas.

Oh yeah, and plz like this post.
OP gogodada 1 / 5  
ok thanks! You have been so much help! I guess I can post my essay when I am done and then if I can help you with anything I would love to help!

Home / Essays / Application for a medical camp; Need help writing an essay about myself!