Is attaining light speed possible?

seetha 1 / -  
as we know that in space any type of motion stays life time .like that why cant we, consider increasing speed is also a type of motion andng why can't increasing speed motion stay till reaching light speed.is that possible
anuarbek95 7 / 17  
I'm not an expert in physics, but I know that with no influence from the environment, an object will stay in motion forever.
psychovamp 1 / 2  
We cant reach light speed it would require to much power too get there even for a second. To travel the speed of light you would have to reach infinite energy/mass. Einstein's theory of relativity

Light has no mass it is energy therefore it can travel at the speed of light.
shadowfax 5 / 22  
According to the special theory of relativity, to travel at the speed of light an object must have infinite amount of energy. Also, as it reaches the speed of light, its mass also increases. This can be proved by the energy mass equivalence E = mc2. For example, consider the particle accelerators, where particles can reach 99.9% the speed of light. However, they never reach the speed of light. Here, the Kinetic Energy itself is converted to mass as energy can neither be created nor destroyed. So, theoretically we can never reach the speed of light.

Home / Essays / Is attaining light speed possible?