"Being beautiful is more important than being intelligent"

lilywah 1 / -  
Hi, my name is lilywah. I have an assignment essay from my college. I have difficulty for this topic

" Being beautiful is more important than being intelligent" Actually, we have write this as an argumentative essay.
I chose to write as intelligence is more important than beauty ...
I need some suggestion from you to help me to create more effective on my essay.

Thank you.

P.S This is my first post i may have some mistake.
phuocqui 3 / 5  
Hi Lilywah,

"Being beautiful is more importance than being intelligent" is a very interesting topic:
Here are my suggestion for the argumentative essay:

In the paragraph which you express how important being beautiful is you can show:
- Beauty brings more chances for models, actors or actresses or singers
- the first conversation among strangers is more effective

In the paragraph for intelligence:
- in some kinds of job, intelligence is much more important such as doctors, engineers, scientists, politicians etc.

good luck
Well the first idea that I thought of is that if you are intelligent you can find ways to become more beautiful, but if you are unintelligent you might not be able to attend to personal hygiene and cosmetic stuff. So, being intelligent can help you to have both.

When you start to write some paragraphs, use this method:
First sentence is a topic sentence that tells the idea of the paragraph (in this case, it is supposed to be a point in your argument. Second sentence is anything you want to say about it. Third sentence is an example to support the argument you made in the topic sentence. Last sentence talks about why this point of argument is important.

That is a good way to do paragraphs. When you write some, post them here, and we will try to correct your mistakes.

:-)
Keng 39 / 134  
In my opinion, you can argue how intelligence and beauty contribute to your daily life, kinds of works for example beauty is important for becoming famous movie star some jobs like pilots depends on your intelligence not beauty.

Here are my suggestions
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
You cannot address the assertion that "being beautiful is more important than being intelligent."

1. Beautiful is a subjective word.
2. Important is a subjective word.
3. Intelligent is a subjective word.

Even if you whittle away at some kind of definition for 1. and 3., you can make no progress whatsoever on 2. :)
mabu9669 4 / 9  
I personal think that your essay need 4 parts:
- introduce both view
- write the point you think less important => beauty. Make some ideas it brings to your life (become celebrity, easy to make impression...) and support it

- Intelligence (the same way with part 2)
- Conclusion, make clear two sights and your opinion
That's what I learned. Maybe it can help

Home / Essays / "Being beautiful is more important than being intelligent"