Bringing features from Africa to the US - Any Ideas on how to approach this?

TomHeather /  
Question:

Write an 1000 word essay discussing the implications of bringing the indicated features of the African countries towards those of the United States, United kingdom and Czech Republic.

This data is provided

Feature Malawi Tanzania Uganda Zambia UK USA Czech Republic
% of Population
on under $2 per day 76.1 59.7 96.4 87.4 0 0 2
$ Debt per capita 173 61 75 433 118,004 29,813 4,801
% children in
education (F/M) 71/77 31/32 68/73 43/47 100/100 94/93 93/91
Life expectancy 37.5 43.3 46.2 32.4 79 78 77
Under 5's mortality
rate (per 1000 births) 114 104 82 108 6 8 4

Anyone have any ideas on where to start? Things i should bring up? where to start research? any tips or guidance would be appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas on where to start?

At the beginning, of course. In this case, you will have to do a fair amount of research to figure out why the numbers are so low in most of the countries, and so high in the rest. Once you know what economic problems the poorer countries are facing, and can see how their economic and political situations differ from the wealthy ones, you may be able to start coming up with possible solutions to the problems. You could also research what has been tried in the past, if anything, to close the gap.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  

What "indicated features"? The poverty rates, etc?

Why the Czech Republic, of all places? Is your course perhaps distinguishing between developed, developing, and what have started to be called "transitional" economies?

What is the course?

What is meant by "implications"? Are you supposed to talk about these economic changes could be made or, rather, what would happen if they were made?

Sorry not to be more helpful. I need much more information before I can say anything coherent.

Home / Essays / Bringing features from Africa to the US - Any Ideas on how to approach this?