A business letter/essay on the Duma (Tsar)

kimty 7 / 14  
Hi, my task is to write a business letter about the duma( group of people that advice the Tsar). The letter should include what the Duma is, why it has been set up, tsar attitude towards the Duma, history of previous Dumas, hopes and predictions for the duma based on the experiences of previous Duma. i am having a difficult time on how should i start the letter. Can u please edit my work and tell me some better ways of writting the whole story. Thanks

Hi, how are you? Well I've been really buzy these days in political work. I have recently joined the Duma, a group of people that advises the Tsar. I really never thought that we can change anything over here after the depressing results of the previous groups.It is really tough to change anything over here as the Tsar attitude toward the Duma is really week. But luckly we have achieved some success such as we gave local assemblies more authority in education and road building. I hope in the future the workers stand and bring socialism to the country even if the have to use violence for it.

This all i have got soo far. We had to read this information that is the bottom to write the letter. My lette is to be like sort of an with tree paragraghs. an intro, content, conclution. I am really haveing some difficulty just starting. Can u please help me out. Thanks

This is the information i have to used to write the letter

Tsar Nicholas II reluctantly granted Russia a parliamentary goverment. An elected assembly called Duma (means a group advisors) met for the first time in 1906. In fact, however, Nicholas had hardly loosed the strings of power: at its first meeting, the Duma declared that the supreme autocratic power in Russia belonged to the Tsar. The Duma couldnt propose laws; that power was left with Nicholas the Tsar. He proposed the laws and agreed not to pass them without the Duma\s consent . He kept control over the armed forces and military budget. In addition, Nicholas kept the ministers in charge of the various government departments responsible for him, not to the Duma, so the Duma had little real power. Its main role lay in the opposition it provided to the government. There were 4 Dumas. The 1st met from May- July of 1906. A few laws were passed, but little was really produced except talk. When the speeches in Duma began to get angry in tone, Nicholas dissolved the Duma. The 2nd Duma was dissolved after a short term. The 3rd Duma last from 1907-1912, and members took a few cautios steps forward. The legislated some restriction on police power and gave local assemblies more authority in education and road building. The fourth Duma existed at the time of the 1917 Revolution and was swept away along with the monarchy. Russias attempt with constitutional monarchy(such as exited and still exits in Brian) might have been a success. In time it might have developed a politically responsible population. But 2 things conspired to make this impossible. 1st , Nicholas was autocrat to the core, and was determined to hand his power intact to his son when the time came. He eventually tried to work around and bypass most of the concessions he had made following the revelution. 2nd, Russia just ran out of time: in 1914 was intervened. the great war, the war to end all wars the call it. we know of it today simply as the firsr world war.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

A business letter has a different tone from that of a personal letter. A chatty sort of "Hi, how are you?" is really not appropriate for a business letter. You might want to start with something like this:

"Dear Sir:

I am writing to advise you of some recent events of importance to our country and its government. Tsar Nicholas II has finally bowed to pressure and reluctantly granted Russia a parliamentary government, of sorts. This was accomplished by the creation of the Duma, an "elected" assembly. I use that term somewhat ironically, as the Duma has used its new power to declare that supreme autocratic power in Russia rests with the Tsar; in fact, the Duma cannot even propose laws."

You can continue to add in the information which will provide the requested information. My letter, as you can see, is written by a person who is not altogether pleased with the power retained by the Tsar. You may wish to make your letter's author have a different attitude.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP kimty 7 / 14  
Thank you soo much! I have added some more to it in the buttom can u please edited it then i will some more.

I am writing to advise you of some recent events of importance to our country and its government. Tsar Nicholas II has finally bowed to pressure and reluctantly granted Russia a parliamentary government, of sorts. This was accomplished by the creation of the Duma, an "elected" assembly. I use that term somewhat ironically, as the Duma has used its new power to declare that supreme autocratic power in Russia rests with the Tsar; in fact, the Duma cannot even propose laws. After the first and second Duma dissolved, I have joined the third one with the hope to bring some changes in our country.

As you know that I am also a member of the Socialist Revolutionaries Party and that's why my aim is to bring socialism to Russia through peasants. Even if it takes violence. I am trying to do that by being a member of the Duma and expressing my point of views. Besides that my group is also working hard to give local assemblies more power in education and road building and to legislate some boundaries on police control.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think it's coming along very well! Here are some suggestions for you:

As you know, I am also a member of the Socialist Revolutionaries Party. My aim is to bring socialism to Russia through the support of the peasants, even if it violence is required to achieve that end. I am doing my part by being a member of the Duma and expressing my point of view. In addition, my group is also working hard to give local assemblies more power in education and road building and to legislate some boundaries on police control.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP kimty 7 / 14  
Thank you soo much for getting me started and editing my work.

Home / Essays / A business letter/essay on the Duma (Tsar)