Home / Essays   % width NEW!

"A Celebration of Dai de Los Muertos" - concert paper help me

mandymoore 10 / 1  
A Celebration of Dai de Los Muertos

The name of the play is "Reunion" wrote by Olga Sanchez in 1998. This play is about the Day of the Death, also known as Dia de Loas Muertos; it's actually Mexican Holiday that they always want to remember their family members. The Day of the Death is celebrated on November first and second.

Ernesto who is father, husband and grandfather, he recently died. But the later has to contain a candle (represent fire), his photograph, papeles picados (paper cut outs), cempasuchi (flower), favorite food, water, dirt (represent the earth), and rice. His granddaughter Elena and his daughter Estella built the alter for him to return. Other family members are already dead. Another character is Tezcatlipoca who is the Aztec god of the underworld. He was like the puppet master and he was able to crass from the land of the living to the land of the dead. After they built his alter, the family members came back together for the night.

The day of the Death is meant to welcome the Dead back which is different form the Halloween. Because, Halloween is holiday that just trying to scare people. Play is ser in modern time. For people that don't know about Dia de Los Muertos, they learn a Mexican tradition that is celebrated for two nights. The meaning of the play is no one dyes unless they are forgotten.

Work Cited

Reunion, "A Celebration of Dia de Los Muertos", Heart that weep, Bones that laugh. Published by: Olga Sanchez, 1998.

Home / Essays / "A Celebration of Dai de Los Muertos" - concert paper help me